The Nitty Gritty
Please read our rental terms and agree to abide by these terms before submitting your inquiry. Thank you!
- A 50% deposit is required to hold your reservation. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to your event.
- For rentals arranged less than 30 days in advance of event date, full payment is due to hold your reservation.
- Cash or checks are our preferred methods of payment. We charge a 3% processing fee for credit cards.
Use of the Property
- Rental of The Hallowed Halls includes the use of our great room, kitchen, bridal suite, dining room, and restrooms. Use of the outside patio will incur an additional $75 fee.
- If a dressing lounge for the groom is needed, that can absolutely be arranged. Please let us know.
- Please note that guests and renters may not use the recording studio control rooms or touch any of our recording equipment. However, the couple may use the recording studio control room for photographs.
- If recording equipment is damaged during your event, it is the renter's responsibility to pay for fixing or replacing the damaged equipment.
- The facility is only to be used for the stated purpose, unless agreed upon prior to the event with The Hallowed Halls.
- The capacity of the building is 150 persons maximum. Wedding groups are limited to 80 people maximum, not including catering staff and other vendors inside the building including the porch areas. This is to ensure guest safety and ease of movement.
- We are located in a residential neighborhood, so parking is limited to street parking on a first-come first-serve basis.
- For parties over 40 people, organized carpooling, shuttle transportation or valet services are suggested (not included), as we do not have street parking to accommodate larger groups.
- Rental packages include a full day of rental time from 9am until midnight. Set-up and break-down must fall within the total rental time period.
- If additional time is needed, please let us know in advance. For set-up and break-down, you may rent the space the day prior or the day after for a discounted rate. This is a great option to include your rehearsal!
- Because we are located in a residential neighborhood, the event must end before 10pm.
- Guests may not loudly congregate outside of the building after 10pm.
- There may be no amplified music past 10pm.
- All events and activities, including breakdown and restoring the space, must be completed in order to check-out. Check-out is required before midnight. It is recommended that at least two hours be allowed for event breakdown.
- A basic cleaning fee is included in all wedding packages. This includes vacuuming, dusting, taking out the trash, and cleaning the surfaces of the kitchen and bathroom before and after the event.
- No rice, confetti, or glitter is allowed inside or outside the facility.
- Candles are required to be in holders that fully contain the candle and prevent wax from dripping on surfaces.
- We ask that the space be left as you found it, with all trash in trash bags, ready to be taken out. Trash bags are provided.
- For stains on the rugs and other damage to the space that requires extensive cleaning or repair, an additional cleaning fee will be charged, due within 7 days of the event.
You must provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance at least 30 days prior to the event. This insurance certificate must explicitly state the following conditions:
- $1,000,000 Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability Limits
- $1,000,000 Host Liquor Liability must be specifically included in the above coverage.
- The Hallowed Halls, its owners, officers, agents, and employees must be named as additional insured for any claim or claims resulting from or growing out of the Renter or event.
- You must submit proof of insurance to The Hallowed Halls at least 30 days prior to your event, or your event reservation will be cancelled.
- If your event is cancelled because proof of liability insurance is not submitted 30 days prior to the scheduled event, the rental deposit will not be refunded.
- There may be no selling of alcohol at any event.
- If alcohol is served at your event, we must receive proof in advance that you or persons contracted by you have a valid Service Permit from the Oregon Liquor Control Commission (“OLCC”). Only the OLCC licensed servers can pour alcohol. If no permit is received, no alcohol may be poured.
- There shall be no consumption of alcohol by persons under the age of 21.
- Renter agrees to refuse to allow alcohol to be served to, or consumed by, any person who is visibly intoxicated or under 21 years of age.
- You agree to monitor all service of alcohol and acknowledge that you are solely liable for the consumption of any alcohol by any person on the premises and that such liability shall extend to any aspect regarding the consumption of alcohol.
- The Hallowed Halls may ask guests for identification to verify age and reserves the right to ask to the entire party to leave if a minor is consuming alcohol; an adult is providing alcohol to a minor; or a guest or guests appears intoxicated and refuses to leave the premises.
- While alcohol may be consumed in the enclosed back patio area, OLCC prohibits alcohol consumption outside of the building on the sidewalk, in the street, or in cars.
- Renter shall indemnify and hold The Hallowed Halls harmless from all liability for improper use of alcohol.
- There is no smoking permitted inside of the building.
- There is no smoking permitted outside the front of the building.
- Our back patio is the only designated smoking area at our venue. Guests must use ash trays.
- Children are welcome! All children under the age of 16 must be supervised at all times, due to our sensitive equipment.
- No pets are allowed within the building except for service animals. All animal waste must be cleaned-up and removed from the premises.
- We use live, video, and still photography of events in our marketing promotions. We request that photos taken by your photographer at The Hallowed Halls may be used for promotional purposes.
- All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing.
- For cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the event, please not that the rental deposit is nonrefundable.
- For cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the event, please note that the entire rental fee is nonrefundable.
- The Hallowed Halls may cancel event rentals due to extreme weather, emergency conditions, or circumstances beyond the control of The Hallowed Halls. In the very rare case of cancellation initiated by The Hallowed Halls, all rental and deposit fees will be refunded.